Just Chatting with Life

Thursday, June 22, 2006

When I fell in love........

Unlike a lot of Hindi Movies, it wasnt love at first sight for me. When i saw her for the first time, I wasnt much impressed . She was a bespectacled, simple girl, though on the cuter side. Mind you, although simple , she wasn't the seedhi-saadhi types . She was sexy in her own way . After so many years , the most abiding memory of our first meeting is that of her eyes. They were alive . Even through her glasses, they conveyed so much without her saying a word. And she didnt speak much . I remember our first few meetings were dominated vocally by me with some little
garnishings provided by her. I still don't know why i thought that i should be friends with this girl .

Anyway, the story progresses. We became good freinds, although her friend was a much closer friend of mine. All this time, I had some sort of an attraction towards her. IT wasn't love for sure and definitly not infatuation. But i wanted her to talk to me. If she talked to other boys , it made me a trifle irritated. And this feeling of
irritation irritated me even more . I would call her up and talk for 20-30 minutes. I also felt frustrated that she didn't open up a lot. While i poured out my heart's contents to her, she never told me about her personal feelings. She would be very gaurded when wew talked about her or others. I was forever confused about her feelings and also my feelings. Did I love her ? Did she even look at me that way ?

Slowly but surely, we became very good freinds. She started opening up . I realized what a wonderful person she was. And so much different from me. While I was outgoing & carefree , she was a shy and introvert type of girl .I was very temperamental, inclinced to go off the boil at the slightest opportunity, she was the very picture of calmness. I was a voracious reader, she didn't like books. I loved Action and Sci-Fi movies, she loved the mushy mushy romantic movies. And yet we had something in common (other than our love for Chinese Food :) . I was never able to
put my finger on it . Maybe it was something that we both felt for each other .

Time went on, our first year at college finished, but my confusion didnt. We had a 20 days break and i went home . Was i in love ? Is this how it feels when you are in love ? should i ask her too ? I think about time i got off from the train , i was pretty sure that i loved her. But i didnt i had the courage to ask her . I didnt want to spoil the beautiful friendsship that we had . And i was mortally afraid of her refusal to my proposal . I kept wondering of i should call her up and tell her about my feelings. But i didnt . the Distance between us made me miss her even more . I realized that i was gone ; hook,line and sinker.

I didnt propose to her even after coming back . My lack of knowledge of her feelings made me hold back . However, there was a change in her attitude post holidays . She became more open . We talked a lot . And i sometimes caugh the same look in her eyes which i had in my eyes. Should i propose or not ? Then came the fateful day (August 30th ) when i caught hold of her diary . I quickly read it (Yeah, I am ashamed of it now ) and saw what she had written about a special friend - Me. That was when i realized that she also felt the same way . And the next day was the most beautiful day of my life. Because it was on August 31st , that i proposed to her . And more importantly, it was the day, when she said yes to be my partner for life :) .

13 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home