Just Chatting with Life

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Travelogue :)

- For the first month of my summer internship I was living at Dadar. My office is Anderi(W) near Lokhandwala. From Dadar I took a local to Andheri and then a rickshaw to the office. The whole process took around 50 minutes. The locals were not crowded as I was traveling in the reverse direction. Ah! Life was too good :).

However, certain circumstances have caused me to come back to IIT hostel. Now to go from IIT hostel to my office is nothing less than an adventure. First I cycle from the hostel to the gate which takes around 10 minutes. Then walk to the bus stop. This adds another 5 minutes. Usually I don’t have to wait more than 10 mins for the bus to come. Any bus going to Andheri from IIT is absolutely packed. Thus, for at least 10 minutes I have to hang on to the bus. Then, once I reach L & T I get inside the bus. From hereon it’s a lottery. If I happen to stand besides someone who has to get off before Andheri Station, then I thank my lucky stars and sit. Else, I silently curse the fellow who is sitting and look longingly at the other seats which get empty like anything. Once I get a seat I waste no time in going off to sleep. With the horrendous traffic that he encounters enroute to the station, it’s a wonder that the driver manages to get us to our destination in 1 hour.

Once I get off from the bus, I walk to the Over bridge to cross-over to the West. This takes another 10 mins. Then catch a Rickshaw and get to office. It takes a further 15 mins. Thus in a total of 1 hour 45 mins I reach my office. This whole procedure is repeated in reverse when I am coming back. A big consolation is the fact that I can get a seat immediately from Andheri Station as the bus starts from there. When I finally reach the hostel, you can imagine my plight. So, poor me does my daily 50 push-ups, has dinner, watches a movie, and embraces the sleep goddess. 7 hours of bliss before the grind starts again. I love Bombay .

3 Comments:

  • so your worst nightmares have come true !

    By Blogger SUNMAY, at June 08, 2006 7:38 PM  

  • hahaha..........and here's my typical day:

    I wake up at 11:30 ....take a shower...watch an episode of friends/dilbert...goes to office at around 12:30.....check mails/scraps...have my lunch at 1:30....again do some surfing/chatting....read some pages of novel....have my tea at 3:30.... goes back to my guest house at 4:30 for a siesta...wake up at 7....return to office and check mail...then goes for dinner at 8.
    Aur i think you know about my weekends :):):)

    Btw.....how much are they paying you ;)

    By Blogger coolvir, at June 14, 2006 1:07 PM  

  • Saale Lucky Bastard :) . Waise ye bhi ek alag experiece hai

    By Blogger Rahul Tamaskar, at June 15, 2006 12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home